The song of Achilles - Book to Love for LifeTime : Review


“ Will you come with me? ” he asked
 The never ending ache of love and sorrow. Perhaps in some other life I could have refused, could have torn my hair and screamed, and made him face his choice alone. But not in this one. He would sail to Troy and I would follow, even into death.
Yes, I whispered. Yes ” 

Patroclus, a young prince exiled to the court of King Peleus and his son Achilles. By all rights their paths should never cross, But Achilles takes the shamed prince as his friend and soon their friendship grows more deeper. But when war was declared Achilles travels to troy, Torn between the love and fear for his friend , Patroclus goes to war with Achilles to Troy.

I could not describe exactly how i felt after reading this book. I cried, I smiled, i rejoyed i loved, both of them Patroclus and Achilles. My heart was filled with love for patroclus, Love for Achilles, Love for this book. Nothing I ever read, will come to closeness of its beauty.

Its really difficult to close my eyes and not to dream of them. Their love filled my heart soul and body with warmness.

What Patroclus and Achilles had between them may be named as "Love" . But better not to be named at all. Its was so palpable that every single word exchanged between them , every single moment spent with themselves. The warm feeling in my heart lingers for long time even after completing the book.

Never in this book "Madeline Miller" - Author of the book , tries to name their relationship. 

“ We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but each other.” 

Their innocence warms my heart, them playing in the beach without anything to think apart from each other. The war scene hurts my heart like a thousand daggers hitting incessantly

The book was extremely beautiful to the extent that I can't describe , heavily devastating. I never cried like this for a book. I sobbed like a child while reading it, after reading it. It haunts me in my dream and I will happily reread this book any time even if it makes me cry. I would cry for them , For Achilles and Patroclus, For their never ending Love.

The book is beauty at its finest. Skillfully written , an experience of enchanting Love. Would recommend to anyone 100/10.

“ In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.


0 comments